Why do resolutions need to start on 1 January? It’s an arbitrary date just like any other day.
In 2018, I decided to replace the old-fashioned concept of resolutions with the idea of making small changes to aspects of my life I wanted to improve.
This small change helped me tremendously in the past year. Just a few of the things that I changed help me achieve:
- Running a 7 minute mile
- Going to the gym three days a week
- Eating less and healthier
- Losing close to 30 pounds
- Connecting with my Wife on all fronts
- Being more patient with my son
- Keeping the house clean
- Reading/Listening to more books
None of these started on 1 January (especially the running since I injured my shin a few weeks into 2018). All of the changes started at random times when I realized I needed to do something.
P.S. Not all of my new year’s resolutions have stuck. My Spanish still stinks and I have only meditated about five times.